Most notable gaming news for this week is as follows:
- Hyrule Historia To Be Released In English
- Hitman Absolution level changed due to negative nun trailer reaction
- Hitman Absolution Introducing Contracts Trailer
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 PC version confirmed
- Mega Man RPG Announced for iPhone
- First GTX 660 Ti gets reviewed
- Borderlands 2 – Tediore Weapons Trailer
- Castle Crashers is coming to Steam!
- Sony Announces Crossbuy: Buy a PS3 Game, get the Vita version for free
- Command & Conquer Generals 2 will be part of a free-to-play C&C service
- Scott Pilgrim: The Game Devs Kickstart New 2D Action Game
- Just released Harmonia 0.0.1a – combination Online Roguelike + Tactical RPG + MUD
I'd like to share the latest development build of my upcoming game Harmonia. This game has been under development as a hobby project for about five years now, but I've recently begun developing it full-time. I'm currently looking for people to play, test, and give feedback as I plan for future development.
What is Harmonia?
Harmonia is an online fusion of Tactical RPGs (Shining Force), Roguelikes, and text-based MUDs. The game will play like a combination of an RTS and MMO – you command a small band of heroes to form a large force with other players, then go on quests to face-off against huge armies. Rewards for completing quests include access to new character classes, races, abilities, and flair for your army.
It's also an engine where you can modify anything in the game's scripting environment, create new content, and host your own server for others to play. Upon release, the server and all of the game's assets will be open for editing. If time permits, we'll provide a wealth of documentation and tutorials.
You can read more about Harmonia on our website. Also do check out our Facebook page, YouTube channel, and follow my Twitter feed:
We need your support!
If this looks like a project you'd like to support, Harmonia has jumped on the Kickstarter bandwagon and fund-raising ends September 8th. The funding is to finish the new 3D client, hire an artist, produce a soundtrack, overhaul the UI, and develop more playable content. Spreading the word is support enough if you'd rather not back the project.
Hope you enjoy, and please feel free to PM me about any serious bugs or gameplay questions you may have.
- Darksiders II Missing Credits Spark Unrest
- Sleeping Dogs more realistic than you might think: an ex-triad tells all
Digest powered by RSS Digest